Jagan Nath Gupta Memorial Educational Society is a non-profit organization established in 1993, registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act of 1860, with the objective of earnestly serving the academic and professional education needs of students in the country. The Society, established in the memory of Late Sh. Jagan Nath Gupta, an industrialist and educationist, have been imparting quality professional and technical education for more than 2 decades through its various institutions in the States of Delhi, UP, Haryana, and Rajasthan. The Society is managed by promoters having a background from academics, industry, and business. The Chairman of the Society, Mr. Manish Gupta, is an Economics (Hons.) graduate from the prestigious Hansraj College of Delhi University and holds a degree in Law. The Vice Chairman, Dr. Amit Gupta, has done his MBA from the well known Indian Institute of Foreign Trade and Ph.D. from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. The Treasurer of the Society, Mr. Deepak Gupta, holds a Master Degree in Management. The Society is fully devoted to the cause of quality professional and technical education.
The Society has set up its first educational institution named Jagan Institute of Management Studies in a small residential campus. Over the last 26 years, the Society has gradually grown to set up various educational institutions whose chronological order is as under:
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Rohini
- Jagannath International Management School, Kalkaji
- Jagannath International Management School, Vasant Kunj
- Jagannath Gupta Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jaipur
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Jaipur
- JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus, Greater Noida
- Jagannath University, Jaipur
- Jagannath University, Bahadurgarh, Haryana
In this manner the Society has achieved a complete integration in higher education offering opportunities to students’ right from graduate level to Ph.D. level.
- In higher education the Society is providing educational services mainly in the areas of management, information technology, engineering, architecture, law, journalism and mass communication, physical sciences, agriculture science and food technology, physiotherapy, Pharmacy, vocational education, etc. At present, the Society has a combined strength of more than 10000 students and more than 600 faculty members. All these educational institutions are duly approved and accredited by respective statutory bodies such as AICTE, UGC, AIU, NBA, NAAC, State Governments, and the universities. These institutions are well known among stakeholders for quality education, decent infrastructure, location and placements. These institutions are rated and ranked very high by various magazines, newspapers and industry associations
- The Society has never ignored its social responsibility. It has always been discharging this responsibility right from its inception in various ways. This CSR initiative was formalized by setting up Jagan Nath Gupta Skill Development Centre (JSDC), Mundka, New Delhi - an initiative to enhance employability among the underprivileged youth of the Indian Society.
- At the completion of its 27 years of existence, the Society once again rededicates itself to the cause of quality education, human resource development and the Nation building.