MBA (Retail Management) Program offered by Jagan Nath University is uniquely poised to blend knowledge with practice relevant to contemporary needs of corporate sector for Retail business. The program being provided in partnership with Future Group provides enough opportunities to graduates for experiential learning.
The Program has been designed to impart the latest management practices being followed in corporate sector with particular focus on retail management. It provides an extensive and in depth coverage of core and specialized courses, retail management skills and entrepreneurial qualities. It provides sufficient mix of theoretical as well as practical learning to students through class room sessions, industry visits, live projects, guest sessions, and on the job training.
MBA (Retail Management) is a full-time program spanning over two years and has been designed to provide students with first-hand experience of corporate culture and retail business.
The program is spread over four semesters with an inbuilt on the job training for one year. While the first two semesters focus on building a strong foundation in the management discipline, the last two semesters enable the students to develop relating skills and practical exposure.
- The course curriculum designed as per the AICTE model curriculum for management programs, 2018.
- Recruiter participation in training to ensure Employability.
- An ambitious program with emphasis on quality education and its monitoring by industrial experts.
- Pragmatic, Hands on practice in real time and space in industry.
- Development of Industry Ready Graduates ensured by involvement of academia and industrial experts to fill the knowledge gaps.
- Generating entrepreneurship through Skill development for establishing ventures, managing finance and marketing.
- Internship training at industry level to enable recruiters in identifying talents and graduates for employability.
- Intensive theoretical and practical course coverage, delivering intellectual capacity of Analysis, Interpretation, Sourcing and Networking Financial and Marketing decisions for Business Management.
The teaching methods in MBA (Retail Management) Program are pragmatic for quick, comprehensive and precise learning. The whole gamut of teaching and learning methods include Case Studies, Role Plays, Presentations on Strategic and Contemporary Issues, Simulation Exercises, Industrial Visits, Workshops and Seminars. The learning objectives of the program shall be achieved by the following:
- Practice oriented and self learning teaching methods.
- Teaching methods to commensurate with planned course curriculum and syllabi for theory and practical.
- Group activities for inculcating team spirit and leadership as well as mutual learning.
- Field visits to corporate sector are integrated in teaching program to provide first hand exposure to corporate culture.
- Continued monitoring and evaluation of courses taught by core and industry faculty
- The curriculum carries 102 credits including 6 credits for industry internship/major research project.
- All the fundamental courses and electives will be covered in first year. The focus of second year will be on skill development and on the job training.
The students joining MBA (Retail Management) Program shall be groomed to acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills to be corporate sector ready for employability. The course offers immense opportunities for lucrative placements in national and multi-national companies as the industry experts involved in delivery of the program will also be the peers for references.
In Retail Management MBA, students get exposed to practical knowledge, interaction with faculty from industry and live industry projects. They will learn about corporate working system from industry experts. Management education being skill oriented can better be delivered through practical training.
It is highly a performance driven, practice centric, capacity building, international access, employment and entrepreneurship oriented program.